This recipe for creamy Cheesy Dip for Chips is oozing with rich gruyere and mozzarella cheese and savory smoky bacon flavor throughout. Every bite of this mouthwatering baked cheese dip will make your taste buds dance.
If you’re looking for the best homemade dip for chips then your search is over with this easy-to-make favorite. This baked cheese dip recipe is a versatile, warm, and gooey comfort food favorite the whole family will enjoy!
❤️ Why I Love This Recipe
✔️ This cheesy dip for chips serves 10 making it a great addition to your parties and game day celebrations!
✔️ This baked cheese dip recipe goes great with pretzels, on top of baked potatoes, as a nacho cheese sauce, and more!
✔️ This recipe is quick and easy, making it the best homemade dip for chips for every occasion.
Cream cheese, use low-fat cream cheese for a lighter calorie recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 375℉
- Cook the bacon per package instructions. Chop the cooked bacon separating a tablespoon or two for the topping.
- Wash and dry the green onions and thinly slice the green onions at an angle and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together mayo and sour cream, then add in the cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, bacon, and combine thoroughly with a spoon.
- Then pour the cheese mixture into a baking dish covered with aluminum foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with additional bacon and the green onions and serve warm!
🙋 Recipe FAQ's
Absolutely, just put all of the ingredients into the slow cooker on low for about 4 hours, or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
Overcooking is the main cause for homemade cheese dip recipes to split.
Reheat the cheese dip in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, or on the stovetop at medium heat, stirring as melting occurs.
- Set the cream cheese out at room temperature 30 minutes before beginning to ensure it is properly softened and easy to work with.
- Wait until the bacon is completely cooled before chopping it.
- Pre-cook the bacon and buy pre-shredded cheese to save on recipe prep time.
- Both mozzarella and gruyere are low sodium cheeses, add salt to taste
- Use a teaspoon of garlic powder, sharp cheddar cheese, and add your favorite protein for a more robust cheese dip recipe
- Make this a buffalo chicken cheese dip by adding diced chicken, using bleu cheese in place of the mozzarella, and adding a tablespoon of hot sauce to the cheese mix.
- Add the cheese melt mixture to a bread bowl appetizer, as a cheesy topping to chili, or simply serve with a side of crackers!
- Whisk in some homemade fresh salsa and green chiles for a spicy cheesy dip.
9" x 9" baking dish or an 8" x 12" oval casserole dish
Keep this cheesy baked dip in an airtight container up to 4 days in the refrigerator, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @honeybunchhunts or #honeybunchhunts so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Cheesy Dip for Chips
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 375℉
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add the chopped bacon and cook for 3 minutes, or until crispy and lightly browned. Reserve 1 tablespoon of bacon for the topping.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer on medium-low speed, blend the cream cheese until smooth. Add the mayonnaise and sour cream and mix until combined. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, gruyere cheese, and bacon until combined.
- Transfer the cheese mixture to the baking dish and cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 35 minutes, until dip is bubbly in the middle and to browned around the edges.
- Remove the baked dip from the oven and sprinkle with the reserved bacon pieces and green onions.