This Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is a dip or spread recipe that will kick your regular hummus recipe up a notch! This plant-based recipe is made with sweet and smoky roasted red peppers, fresh garlic, and tahini, and chickpeas for a combination of delicious flavors your carrot and celery sticks will be happy to be dipped into.
Make It Better At Home
Not only is this dip recipe easy to make, it is economical. Especially when you make your own roasted red peppers to go in it!
With a food processor, and a few simple steps, you will have a dip recipe ready to enjoy with your family for football night that cost much less than buying a package in the store.
What You Need To Make Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Tahini, this is a sesame paste/butter
Tips and Recommendations
- Be sure to drain and rinse the chickpeas before using
- Remove the skins from the chickpeas if you desire a smoother hummus texture
- Substitute store bought (jarred) roasted red peppers
- Add 1 tablespoon chipotle pepper with adobo sauce
- Roast a jalapeno pepper and add it to the food processor with the red peppers.
- Add a few toasted pine nuts to the top of the hummus along with the roasted red peppers.
- Chill the hummus for at least 3 hours before serving for the best texture and flavor.
Different Ways to Enjoy Hummus
- As a dip with pita chips, pretzels, and vegetable sticks.
- Add it to falafel salad
- Spread it on bread and top with sprouts for a sandwich
- Blend it into a salad dressing. This Homemade Ranch Salad Dressing is great with ¼ cup of hummus blended in.
Other Plant Based Recipes To Enjoy
Marinated Tofu Salad
Pico de Gallo
Air Fryer Cauliflower
Homemade Refried Beans
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Dip
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 15.5 oz canned chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 whole roasted red pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil optional
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted red pepper optional
- In the base of a food processor, combined the chickpeas, tahini, olive oil, lemon, garlic, salt, cumin and coriander. Blend for around 1 minute.
- Add the roasted red pepper and blend for 1 minute, until hummus is completely smooth.
- Transfer the roasted red pepper hummus to a serving bowl and top with diced roasted red peppers and a drizzle of olive oil (if using).