Paleo Pumpkin Muffins are delicious gluten free pumpkin muffins with a pumpkin pie spice flavor and texture similar to pumpkin pie. They are full of chocolate chips and topped with a sprinkling of pumpkin seeds. This healthy pumpkin muffin recipe makes a great great grab and go breakfast or afternoon snack.
Why You'll Love These Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
Warm Fall Spices: if fall brings on the desire for all things pumpkin, then these paleo pumpkin spice muffins will make you feel all warm and cozy!
Moist texture: the texture of these muffins are very similar to pumpkin pie and is absolutely delicious!
Paleo, Low Carb, and Keto: these flourless muffins fit all the diet profiles!
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Please visit the recipe card at the bottom of this post for complete instructions.
Canned pumpkin puree
Pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with a muffin liner in each cup of spray generously with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand whisk, mix together eggs, pumpkin puree, and maple extract.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine and break up any lumps.
- Add pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- With a ¼ cup size measure, scoop pumpkin batter into the prepared muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.r until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Mixing bowls (medium and large size bowls)
12-cup muffin tin
Wooden mixing spoon
Room Temperature: store muffins in an airtight container up to 4 days.
Freezer: store in an airtight freezer safe container up to 3 months.
There are a few substitutes you could make that would not change the structure of this pumpkin muffin. Below are some suggestions.
Sweeteners: you can substitute coconut sugar or maple syrup for the golden monk fruit. (Paleo only)
Flours: If you have a nut allergy, you can substitute tapioca flour for the almond flour. Tapioca flour is a Paleo approved flour. However, keep in mind, this increases the carbs and knocks the pumpkin muffins out of the keto range.
Muffin Topping: I used pumpkin seeds because I didn't feel the desire to put a crumb topping on my muffin. However, some people love a streusel topping. You can make a flour free crumb topping similar to the one on these rhubarb crumb muffins.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients really well. Coconut flour tends to have some lumps in it and you don't want lumps of coconut flour in your muffin.
- Pre-measure all your ingredients before combining them to make it easy to just mix and scoop. This makes clean up easier. Just put the dirty dishes right in your sink or dishwasher after using them.
- Stir the batter just enough to combine all the ingredients. Then add the sugar-free chocolate chips to the batter. Use two bowls, a dry mix bowl, and a wet mix bowl.
Are Paleo pumpkin muffins gluten-free?
Yes, coconut flour and almond flour are both gluten-free.
Is it possible to replace eggs in the recipe for a vegan version?
Yes, you can make a flax egg using 1 tablespoon of flaxseed and 3 tablespoons of flour, allowing it to soak 5 minutes before adding to the batter.
How do I prevent the muffins from sticking to the paper liners?
I highly recommend using parchment paper muffin liners. These tend to not stick. You can also spritz the muffin liners with a little cooking spray to help prevent sticking.
📚 Related Recipes
These Fresh Raspberry Muffins are tender, sweet, and keto friendly.
I look forward to these Rhubarb Muffins with Crumb Topping every spring!
Keto Pumpkin Dutch Baby makes a perfect brunch or dessert recipe.
Pumpkin Soup with Sage Browned Butter is a delicious way to enjoy this fall vegetable for lunch.
My whole family loves this Maple Pumpkin Pie!
🍽 Serve with..
Serve muffins spread with a little organic butter and a pumpkin spiced latte!
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @honeybunchhunts or #honeybunchhunts so I can see your photos!
If you love this healthy pumpkin muffin recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating
Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
- mixing bowls (medium and large size bowls)
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, pumpkin puree, and maple extract.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, coconut flour, monkfruit, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking powder. Whisk to combine and break up any lumps.
- Add wet ingredients to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Fold in sugar-free chocolate ships.
- With a ¼ cup size scoop, add the pumpkin muffin batter to the paper-lined muffin pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool on a cooling rack and store in an airtight container.