This Pina Colada Pie is a creamy, lightly sweetened, no bake recipe that is full of crushed pineapple, coconut, and rum flavoring. It is garnished with more whipping cream, cherries, and a sprinkle of toasted coconut.
When the weather is not, nobody wants to bake and this Pina Colada Pie is not only a no bake recipe, but it is a cool and refreshing dessert. Great for barbecues, family dinners, special occasions, or just because!
Hot days call for cool desserts (and weddings)
I am so excited to share with you all that my youngest son and his forever partner were married recently. The year 2020 will be a memorable year for all of us due to the current world situation. But, with the tough times we do have a lot of happiness in our life right now as well.
The day my son and daughter in law were to be married was to be super hot. So I decided that a no cook and no bake celebration was in order. This Pina Colada Freeze is super refreshing on hot days, and because we love those flavors so much, I decided it was time to make a refrigerator pie to celebrate.
What you need to make this creamy coconut and pineapple pie recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Graham cracker crust: I ended up buying a pre made crust because graham crackers were not available in the grocery store. (I cannot believe I actually had to say that!). It is the easiest way to make this recipe and is very inexpensive to boot.
Crushed Pineapple: I buy this brand in a can.
Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
Toasted Coconut Flakes: You can toast these yourself by putting them in the oven for a few minutes until they brown, or you can buy this awesome toasted coconut product that I use!
Heavy Whipping Cream
Rum Extract: this is the brand I use and love.
Electric Mixer: I own this one.
Substitutions and Tips
- Use a pre-baked flour pie crust shell in place of the graham cracker crust
- Substitute frozen whipped topping (thawed) for the heavy whipping cream
- Substitute coconut extract for the vanilla or rum extract.
- Chop up some maraschino cherries and stir them into the filling mixture with the pineapple.
Other no bake recipes you may like
*If you made this Pina Colada Pie recipe, please give it a star rating*
Pina Colada Pie
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 15 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut
- 1 graham cracker pie crust
- Aerosol Whipped Cream OR more heavy whipping cream sweetened and whipped(optional)
- Maraschino Cherries for topping optional
Make the whipped topping
- [mv_schema_meta name="whip the cream"]In a large mixing bowl, whip the 1 cup of heavy whipping cream and 1 teaspoon of rum extract until cream just begins to become stiff and holds its shape. Cover whipped cream and refrigerate. [mv_img id="2858"]
- [mv_schema_meta name="drain the pineapple"]Using a mesh strainer, drain the crushed pineapple to separate the juice. Set aside. [mv_img id="2860"]
- [mv_schema_meta name="make cream cheese filling"]Add the cream cheese to a large mixing bowl and mix until creamy and smooth. Add the vanilla extract and sugar. Mix until combined and creamy. [mv_img id="2859"]
- [mv_schema_meta name="Fold in remaining pineapple"]Transfer the pineapple to the cream cheese mixture and fold together until combined. [mv_img id="2862"]
- [mv_schema_meta name="fold in remaining ingredients"]Add the heavy whipped cream and coconut to the pie mixture and fold until completely combined. [mv_img id="2861"]
- [mv_schema_meta name="Transfer to pie shell"]Transfer the pina colada pie filling to the graham cracker pie crust. [mv_img id="2863"]
- [mv_schema_meta name="cover and refrigerate"]Smooth the top of the Pina Colada Pie then place cover on top of pie. Refrigerate at least 6 hours before serving. [mv_img id="2864"]