Pineapple Agua Fresca is lightly sweetened pineapple infused water. This refreshing beverage is made by combining fresh pineapple and water in a blender. Then lime juice and a sugar-free sweetener are added to brighten and sweeten it up some.
This Pineapple Agua Fresca is a nice cold and refreshing beverage to rehydrate with. It is something to look forward to in the summer heat. This beverage recipe is so easy to do! It can be done with fresh fruit, frozen fruit, and even canned fruit!
Taking the boredom out of water
I drink water ALL the time. Everywhere I go, I have a yeti mug with ice water. It’s refreshing and makes me feel good to be hydrated.
However, plain water can become a bit boring at times, and sometimes a girl just wants something fruity and refreshing that isn’t packed full of sugar and empty calories.
Blending fresh fruit with water to infuse the flavor, then straining the solids from the water, gives you a nice refreshing fruity flavored water. You could stop there, but when it comes down to it, a little acid and sweetener is a nice touch!
I choose to stay sugar-free and add powdered monkfruit sweetener and fresh lime juice to my Pineapple Agua Fresca.
What you need to make Pineapple Agua Fresca
Fresh Pineapple: If it is available, I always go fresh. However, you can use frozen or canned pineapple (in its own juice with no sugar added) in its place.
Powdered Monkfruit: I stay sugar-free, so my sweetener of choice for this beverage is powdered monkfruit. I choose it because the sweetener will dissolve easier. You can use classic monkfruit, but it will stay on the grainy side.
Ways to jazz up infused water
There are so many things you could do to make this infused water your own way. Below are a few ideas!
- Replace half of the pineapple with oranges or strawberries.
- Use lemon juice instead of lime juice
- Make an adult beverage with a shot of vodka or rum! Pour the liquor into a glass, then pour the Agua Fresca over top!
- Make a sugar or salt rim on a margarita glass with lime juice and sweetener. Then shake a shot of tequila and 3/4 cup of Pineapple Agua Fresca in a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour into glass and serve!
- Make popsicles!
Other refreshing beverages you may like
Rhubarb Lemonade is another cool sugar-free beverage that is great to refresh with.
This Berry Banana Smoothie is made with coconut water, fruit, and chia seeds!
Pina Colada Smoothie is made with greek yogurt and coconut milk for a smooth delicious sugar-free shake.
Mango Blackberry Smoothie is frozen fruit and yogurt all layered in a glass for a delicious and very eye appealing treat!
*If you made this Pineapple Agua Fresca, please give it a star rating*
A Mexican inspired pineapple/lime infused water that is lightly sweetened with powdered monkfruit
- 4 cups fresh pineapple (approximately 1 pineapple), divided
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup powdered monkfruit sweetener
- Ice Cubes
- In a blender or food processor, combine 1/3 of the pineapple and 2 cups water. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Strain pineapple mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a large pitcher. Discard solids.
- Repeat two more times using remaining pineapple and water.
- Stir the lime juice and powdered sweetener into the strained water and stir to combine. Serve over ice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 8mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Please consult with your doctor regarding specific health needs.