This Bloody Mary recipe is an adult beverage made with tomato juice, vodka, and a few dashes of chipotle pepper sauce. The rim of the glass has an optional salt garnish along with celery sticks and green olives.
The Bloody Mary is normally enjoyed in the morning or early afternoon. It can be part of a brunch menu, and it is sometimes called the "hair of the dog" and used as a hangover remedy! It is also a popular beverage to garnish with all of your favorite garnishes!
What Is A Classic Bloody Mary
A classic Bloody Mary is made with tomato juice and vodka. If you wish, it can be jazzed it up with some worcestershire sauce and hot sauce, then, garnish it with olives and/or celery.
The Bloody Mary is also a beverage that you can have fun with creating. I love this Bloody Mary Appetizer Tree. If fully loaded bloody mary's are your thing, this one is full of yumminess and is a great party drink.
What You Need To Make This Bloody Mary Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Tomato Juice, I like to buy the smaller cans, they are the perfect size for one drink!
Vodka, I recommend a good quality vodka.
Salt to rim the glass, this is what I use.
Fresh cut Lemon to wet the glass rim and to add to the bloody mary if you wish.
Tips and Substitutions
- If you want to try something different for vegetable juice, swap it out for carrot juice, or a combination of your favorite vegetable juices. I like to make my own veggie juice with a juicer to make cucumber, carrot, and apple juice or even make your own tomato juice!
- Spash a dash of worcestershire sauce in the beverage.
- Garnish with bacon, tomatoes, shrimp cocktail, or pickles.
- Swap out the vodka for gin, bourbon, or tequila!
More Adult Beverages You May Like
Make this Homemade Eggnog and add a shot of rum!
*If you made this Bloody Mary Recipe, please give it a star rating*
Bloody Mary Recipe
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Dip the drink glass in freshly squeezed lemon juice, then dip in the salt (if using).
- Add the vodka, tomato juice, and tabasco sauce to the glass. Stir.
- Garnish with celery and green olives.