This Keto Cannoli Poke Cake recipe brings all the delicious of a cannoli into cake form. It is a nut-free, low carb, and sugar-free cake made with coconut flour that is only 3 net carbs per serving. It is then soaked with a sugar-free sweetened condensed milk and topped with heavy whipped cream topping.
Cannoli Poke Cake is a delicious keto cake recipe that you can enjoy after dinner. I like to save it for special occasions that call for a cake. This rich and decadent keto cake recipe is perfect for potlucks and reunions, and also makes a delicious keto birthday cake.
For the love of Cannoli
Can you believe I never ate a Cannoli until we moved to the Albany, NY area? My workplace at the time brought in treats from a local Italian bakery and I happened to choose the Cannoli. It was so delicious, I immediately fell in love with that incredible ricotta filling.
As a child, I loved to get my fingers in a can of sweetened condensed milk. I would have eaten it by the spoonful if my mother had let me. I thought that was all over for me once I started the keto diet. That is until I discovered this sugar-free condensed milk recipe.
As soon as I realized I could make my own condensed milk, I decided I needed to make a Cannoli poke to fit the low carb diet. While the ingredient list looks long, it is really not hard to make at all (see the video!) and it is well worth it.
What you need to make Keto Cannoli Poke Cake
Coconut Flour: You won't need too much of this. A little bit of coconut flour goes a long way.
Eggs: I always use large eggs in my baking recipes
Monkfruit: I used Classic Monkfruit in the cake and Powdered Monkfruit in the toppings.
Bocha Sweet: This is used for the condensed milk recipe and is the only recommended sweetener for it.
Mascarpone cheese: This is very creamy, rich, and delicious. I find it in the specialty dairy section at the grocery store.
Ricotta cheese: Choose good quality full-fat cheese.
Chocolate Chips: I use this brand of sugar-free chocolate chips. Normally mini chocolate chips are used for cannoli, however, those are harder to come by.
9x9 Cake Pan
Tips for making this keto poke cake
- Make the condensed milk the day before you will be making the cake to save time. It will be a little thicker after setting and easier to spread over the top of the cake. You will use the entire recipe of condensed milk for this cake.
- Bring the mascarpone cheese to room temperature before using it.
- Allow the cake to cool completely before poking the holes in the cake.
- Use a straw for poking the cake holes, it works much better than a wooden spoon handle.
Variations and substitutes
- Mascarpone cheese is best, but you can substitute cream cheese if the mascarpone is hard to find.
- Add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder to the flour mixture for a chocolate and cinnamon flavored cake.
- Substitute your favorite extract for the vanilla.
Other low carb keto dessert recipes you may like
Strawberry Rhubarb Thumbprint Cookies are a keto shortbread cookie filled with a sugar-free Strawberry Rhubarb Sauce.
This Keto Mayonnaise Cake is a delicious recipe for two made right in the microwave.
Keto Cannoli Cookie Cups are a cookie version of the Cannoli.
These Keto Coconut Cupcakes with Lime Buttercream are absolutely delicious!
*If you made this Cannoli Poke Cake, please give it a star rating*
Cannoli Poke Cake
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- ½ cup butter melted
- ½ cup powdered monkfruit
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 recipe of [Sugar-Free Condensed Milk] divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk reserved from the recipe
- ¾ cup powdered monkfruit
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the eggs and vanilla, powdered monkfruit, heavy cream, and water. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk until smooth.
- Grease a 9x9 baking dish well with butter or cooking spray.
- Pour the cake batter into the baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes
- Poke holes over the surface of the cake using a straw. Pour all but ¼ cup of the condensed milk over the warm cake and spread over the top, covering it completely. Refrigerate until cold.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the ricotta and mascarpone cheese, and beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining ¼ cup of condensed milk, powdered monkfruit, and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Spread the ricotta filling over top of the cake. Sprinkle with sugar free chocolate chips and refrigerate.
[…] Keto Canolli Cake is a recipe I created due to my son’s love of Canolli! I love making my kids happy and being able to eat dessert with them is so satisfying. […]
[…] Keto Canolli Poke Cake is my son’s favorite Italian Dessert made into a poke cake concept. This low carb cake will satisfy any Canolli craving you have! […]