These Meatballs with Grape Jelly and Barbecue Sauce are an easy appetizer for the holiday parties and game day! These tender juicy meatballs are buried in a combination of grape jam and barbecue sauce creating sweet and spicy sauce that everyone will love.
❤️ Why you'll love it
- It's a slow cooker recipe that allows you to keep the meatballs warm for parties making these the perfect appetizer!
- Cocktail meatballs are a classic recipe that are a crowd favorite.
- The grape jelly sauce is the perfect balance of spicy, sweet, and savory and can also be used as a wing sauce!
- They are made with basic ingredients making this a simple recipe.
Meatballs: Should be cooked before making this recipe. You can buy the frozen store-bought meatballs that are precooked, or you can make your own homemade meatballs. I usually make this oven baked meatball recipe and freeze them for future use.
Grape jelly or jam: If I don't have any of my own homemade Muscadine jam on hand, I will buy smuckers grape Jelly or jam, which is my favorite brand.
Barbecue sauce: I only use the best, which in my opinion is Sweet Baby Ray's! I recommend using any of your favorite, but a tangy bbq sauce that has a little spice in it is a nice contrast to the sweetness in the jelly.
- In a large bowl, combine the grape jelly and barbecue sauce. Set aside.
- Place the frozen cooked meatballs in the slow cooker and pour the grape jelly mixture over top of the meatballs. Stir to coat.
- Cook in the slow cooker on high setting for 4 hours until meatballs are hot.
Store leftover meatballs in an airtight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
- Substitute cranberry sauce or apple jelly for the grape jelly.
- Substitute Heinz Chili sauce for the barbecue sauce, or use half chili sauce and half barbecue sauce.
- Serve them as a mini meatball sandwich.
- To cook these on the stove top, place all ingredients into a large pot and heat over medium high heat until meatballs are heated all the way through.
- If the sauce is too thick to mix together well, place the sauce mixture in a microwave safe bowl and heat for 30 seconds, then stir. Heat another 30 seconds if needed.
📚 Related Recipes
Muscadine Jam is a grape jam with intense delicious flavor.
How about making meatballs in the air fryer? I love this Air Fryer Meatball recipe!
Try this Venison Meatball Alfredo for a delicious low carb dinner.
These Air Fried Brussel Sprouts - With Bacon & Pepper Jelly is out of this world delicious!
🍽 Serve with...
Serve this crockpot meatballs recipe as an appetizer for large crowds or as a main dish served with a side of mashed potatoes or over white rice.
Don't forget to check out my Amazon storefront for some of my favorite products!
When you make this recipe, please comment below and let me know what you think. I'd love it if you tag me on Instagram @honeybunchhunts or #honeybunchhunts so I can see your photos!
If you love this recipe, please leave a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ rating