These Grilled Breakfast Burritos make a hearty southwest style breakfast with a burrito that is filled with breakfast sausage, scrambled eggs, spicy hash browns, avocado, salsa and cheese. This wrap and go breakfast is full of flavor and protein that will keep you satisfied throughout the morning.
While these breakfast burritos are perfect for morning, they also make a great lunch or breakfast for dinner and kids love them as much as the adults!
Grilled Burritos For Breakfast
After we made these Grilled Stuffed Burritios, I knew that I wanted to go ahead and make a breakfast burrito that was full of fillings that I love and then grill it on the grill pan.
My son, is a great burrito wrapper. He learned how to do this in a former job and has passed on his skills to me. Be sure to watch the video to see how he wraps!
There is nothing more satisfying the a burritio filled with all kinds of breakfast goodnes and when it is wrapped up nice and tigh and doesn't fall apart when you eat it, you know you've accomplished a great breakfast.
What You Need To Make Breakfast Burritos
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Burrito Wrappers, the large wrapper made for making burritos. This is the brand I always buy.
Ground Pork Sausage, this is an awesome brand!
Red Bell Pepper
Grill Pan, I own this one and love it!
Olive Oil Cooking Spray, my go to brand is here.
Tips and Recommendations
- Make sure all the filling ingredients are lined up and ready to assemble before rolling the burrito.
- If it makes it easier, instead of laying the ingredients (sausage and hashbrowns) combine the two and put them in the burrito together.
- To fold, firmly fold the sides of the tortilla over the filling. tuck the edges into the burrito as are you are rolling.
- Always start grilling seam side down on the burrito. This will help seal the burrito.
- Substitute bacon or chorizo for the sausage.
- Substitute a crispy cooked hash brown patty for the hash browns.
- Make these ahead of time and wrap in foil for an easy reheat in the oven
- Make it vegetarian and substitute scrambled tofu for the eggs and omit the sausage.
More Breakfast Recipes To Try
Breakfast Bruschetta (one of my personal favorites!)
*If you made these Breakfast Burritos, please give them a star rating*
Mexican Breakfast Burrito
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the breakfast sausage and cook, breaking it up, 7 minutes, or until it is browned and slightly crisp. Remove the sausage to a paper-towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon.
- Add the onions, jalapeno, and red pepper to the skillet. Saute for 3 minutes, or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the hash browns to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown and crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the eggs to a large mixing bowl and whisk until thoroughly combined. Pour the eggs into the hot skillet and cook, stirring for 3 minutes, until eggs are fluffy and cooked through.
- Warm the burrito wrappers for 10 seconds in the microwave to make them more flexible (optional). Build the burrito by layering the avocado, eggs, cheese, sausage, salsa (if using) and cilantro (if using).
- Grill the burritos on a hot grill pan for 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned. Serve with taco sauce (if using)