My family loves this Turkey Meatloaf recipe! It is a comfort food recipe that is low in calories and fat, and it is made with ground turkey and sweet and spicy tomato chutney.
A healthy dinner recipe, Turkey Meatloaf is an excellent main course dish with a side of Mashed Potatoes or Garlic Mashed Cauliflower. And, it makes excellent meatloaf sandwiches with any leftovers.
The Basics of Making Meatloaf
Meatloaf is known as down home delicious comfort food. Normally I make meatloaf with beef, but recently decided to give the leaner ground meat a try and used ground turkey. Most meatloaf recipes will call for an egg, chopped onion, garlic, bread crumbs, and a ketchup like topping. It is usually baked in a loaf pan and timing is around one hour.
This meatloaf is moister than the beef meatloaf I make and it also holds together really well. The tomato chutney is mixed into the meatloaf mixture and is also spread over top of the meatloaf, keeping it nice and moist, even after reheating!
What You Need To Make Turkey Meatloaf
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Breadcrumbs, I like to buy Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs.
Onion and Garlic
Sweet and Spicy Tomato Chutney
Pyrex Loaf Pan
Tips and Substitutions
- Don’t overwork the meat. It is best to gently mix with your hands, not a spoon, until the ingredients are just combined.
- Make it with ground chicken, ground turkey sausage, or lean ground beef instead of ground turkey.
- Make it low carb by using ground pork rinds in place of the bread crumbs.
- Put the meatloaf mixture into muffin cups instead of a whole loaf, or divide the turkey into mini loaves and bake on a parchment lined baking sheet instead of a pan.
- Substitute the tomato chutney for barbecue sauce or ketchup in and on top of the meatloaf.
- Repurpose leftover turkey meatloaf by making meatloaf sandwiches, grilled meatloaf and cheese sandwiches, or crumble over top of pizza.
- Leftovers can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Other Turkey Recipes To Enjoy
Asian Lettuce Cups with Spicy Ground Turkey
Thanksgiving Turkey Burger Bites
Turkey Bacon Breakfast Burrito
Siricha Sesame Turkey Meatballs
Turkey Pot Pie with Garlic Cheddar Biscuits
Turkey Hot Browns
Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Casserole
*If you made this turkey meatloaf recipe, please give it a star rating*
Turkey Meatloaf with Tomato Chutney
A moist and delicious meatloaf made with ground turkey and topped with a sweet and spicy tomato chutney
- ½ medium onion finely diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 1½ lb ground turkey
- ½ cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1½ cup spicy tomato chutney divided
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the ground turkey, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, rosemary, bread crumbs, and ¼ of the spicy tomato chutney.
Transfer the meatloaf mixture to a loaf pan sprayed with cooking spray and pat firmly into the loaf pan. Cover with the remaining chutney. Bake for 60 minutes, or until 160 degrees F.
Calories: 162kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 23gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 444mgPotassium: 290mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 71IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 23mgIron: 1mg