Spinach Artichoke Pasta is a one-pot skillet recipe full of alfredo like flavors, tossed with spinach and artichoke hearts and topped with roasted pine nuts. It is a delicious vegetarian dinner recipe that is super easy to make with very little clean up afterward.
This pasta dish is a quick and easy vegetarian recipe that can be ready and on the table in 20 minutes. I love to serve this Spinach Artichoke Pasta meal with a this quick dinner rolls recipe that has been spread with garlic butter and toasted under the broiler!
🍲 One Pot Recipe
I really love one-pot meals. They make clean up so easy and when everything is cooked in the same dish, it just seems to have so much more flavor!
A one pot meal is when you cook everything for one recipe in the same dish. The pot can be a frying pan, sheet pan, Dutch oven, or even the slow cooker!
This One-Pot Spinach Artichoke Pasta recipe is made in a deep skillet. The garlic is sauteed in the butter and then the liquid is added to the skillet and brought to a boil.
The pasta is added and is allowed to simmer in the broth. Just before serving, the spinach and artichokes are stirred in and then the dish is garnished with toasted pine nuts. It can be served in the skillet itself, or transferred to a serving bowl.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Linguine pasta, I like the flat noodle for this creamy pasta recipe but other shapes can be used.
Pine nuts, once toasted the pine nuts bring out a sweet nutty flavor that compliments the creamy pasta
Spinach is a super food that brings fiber, essential vitamins, and is also a good source of iron.
Artichoke hearts is another super food that is rich in fiber, vitamins, minerals, and iron.
Garlic, adds great flavor and is known for fighting off colds and flu.
Milk, I recommend using at least 2% or whole milk for this recipe.
Vegetable broth, I love using this golden broth packet. It has great flavor, plus it has been around a long time and stood the test of time! Another favorite is to make a broth with this vegetable concentrate paste.
A deep skillet works best. This my favorite skillet for one dish meals.
I love using my flat head wooden spoon to stir and toss.
Make serving this Spinach Artichoke Pasta meal fun by using these pasta bowls!
Tongs for serving the pasta.
How to make One-Pot Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- In a large skillet, heat the butter until bubbly. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the broth, milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the linguine to the broth mixture and simmer for 9 minutes or until al dente.
- Remove the pasta from the heat.
- Add the spinach and artichoke hearts and toss to combine.
- Allow the pasta to heat the spinach for about 2 minutes, or until the spinach has wilted.
- Sprinkle with toasted pine nuts before serving.
How to Toast Pine Nuts
When toasting any type of nut, it is important to keep a close eye on the process. Nuts will brown fast and they will burn even faster.
There are a few way to toast nuts. The quick and easy way to do it is in a small skillet where you can stand at the stove and toss them as they brown. The skillet method is the way I recommend toasting the pine nuts for this recipe.
To toast the pine nuts, heat the skillet over medium high heat. Add the pine nuts and toss them in the skillet every so often. Once the nuts are browned, remove them from the skillet and allow to cool.
💭 Top Tips
- I like to break the linguini in half before adding to the broth mixture. This will make shorter strands that are easier to manage and it makes it easier for little ones to eat. (Italians please do not shame me for breaking the pasta in half!)
- Stir the pasta as soon as it has been added to the broth mixture and stir it often to allow it to cook evenly and keep it from sticking together.
- Substitute your favorite pasta shape for the linguini. Regular spaghetti, penne, and bowtie pasta are good ones to choose.
- Use thawed frozen spinach instead of fresh. Be sure to squeeze the liquid from the spinach before stirring it into the pasta.
- Substitute marinated artichoke hearts for the canned ones.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of parmesan cheese into the pasta mixture to add a cheesy flavor to the dish.
*If you made this recipe for spinach artichoke pasta, please give it a star rating*
Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic cloves , minced
- 1½ cup vegetable broth
- 1½ cup milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ black pepper
- 8 ounces linguine
- 4 ounces baby spinach
- 15 ounces artichoke hearts , chopped
- ¼ cup pine nuts , toasted
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, over medium heat until bubbly. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the vegetable broth, milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Add the linguine and stir. Once the milk mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 9 minutes, or until the linguine is cooked through.
- Stir in the baby spinach and artichoke hearts. Allow the mixture to set for 2 minutes, until the spinach is wilted.
- Top with toasted pine nuts prior to serving.