This Seafood Lasagna recipe is a seafood lover’s feast. It is a seafood casserole made with an alfredo sauce seasoned with Old Bay Seasoning in a creamy cheese sauce. The lasagna is layered with the sauce, a cheesy ricotta filling, shrimp, scallops, calamari, and more cheese.
Seafood Lasagna casserole dish makes a delicious meal for a special family gathering. It is rich, decadent and oh so delicious. A definite special occasion meal. It would make a great Friday night fish meal for those who observe this tradition during lent.
Seafood in Lasagna, does it make sense?
Well over 30 years ago, I first came across a recipe for a seafood lasagna. The very first thought that came to my mind was it didn’t sound right. I was thinking seafood and cheese in a lasagna form did not belong together.
Then, as time went on, we started eating chicken alfredo. The first time I ate Shrimp Alfredo, I realized, seafood lasagna really wasn’t that far fetched of an idea. After all, alfredo is a creamy cheesy white sauce and it went great with linguini, which is pasta.
I decided to up the ante a little bit and use some Old Bay Seasoning in the alfredo sauce. Old Bay Seasoning a blend of seasonings that pairs extremely well with seafood and chicken. It has a distinct flavor that is just a little bit spicy.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
What you need to make Seafood Lasagna
Because I made this for my non-keto family to enjoy, I used no-boil lasagna noodles. However, I have made this completely keto by making this low carb pizza crust recipe and cutting it into lasagna strips after baking.
I used a seafood trio blend of shrimp, calamari, and bay scallops. You can use any combination of seafood you wish, or just use your favorite seafood.
Old Bay Seasoning is a must in this recipe. It complements the seafood perfectly and is delicious in the alfredo sauce.
Cheeses that are used in a regular lasagna recipe, ricotta, and mozzarella. I stuck with those cheeses for this recipe.
Make this recipe your way
- Use your own combination of seafood. Shrimp, crab, scallops, lobster, any will do.
- Save time by buying pre-cooked seafood and skip the section of cooking the seafood mixture.
- Swap out the mozzarella and parmesan cheese for your favorites. Havarti, Monterey Jack, Gouda are all good cheeses to go with the seafood.
- If you prefer to use regular lasagna noodles, cook 6 noodles according to package, cut the noodles in half and proceed with the recipe. Use 3 noodles that have been cut in half for each layer.
Other Seafood Casseroles you may enjoy
Light and Hearty Tuna Casserole is a lighter version of this old fashioned casserole dish. One of hubby’s favorites!
Creamy Dilled Shrimp Casserole, pasta, and shrimp in a delicious dill cream sauce!
This Crab Casserole is packed full of crab, veggies, and cheese.
FOR THE SEAFOOD
- 1 lb seafood blend
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
FOR THE SAUCE
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup seafood broth
FOR THE CHEESE FILLING
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 /2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
TO ASSEMBLE THE LASAGNA
- 8 No Boil Lasagna Noodles
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter until bubbly. Add the seafood, sprinkle with old bay seasoning, and cook for 5 minutes, until seafood is no longer translucent, stirring occasionally. Remove from the skillet and set aside. Wipe skillet clean and use the same skillet to make the sauce.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat. Add butter and heat until butter is melted and bubbly. Add the green onions and garlic. Cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Whisk the flour, salt, pepper, and old bay seasoning together. Stir the flour mixture into the butter mixture in the skillet, until well incorporated. Cook, whisking constantly for one minute.
- Gradually add the almond milk, half and half, and 1/2 cup of the reserved seafood broth to the flour mixture. Whisking constantly, until thoroughly combined. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until the sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese until combined.
- Transfer the cooked seafood to the sauce mixture and stir to coat. Remove from heat.
- Make the ricotta mixture by stirring together the ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, egg, and parsley. Set aside.
- Assemble the lasagna in a 9x9 baking dish. Start with a layer of the sauce, two lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the ricotta mixture, and1/3 cup of mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers until assembled.
- Bake the seafood lasagna in the oven for 1 hour, or until sauce is bubbly and cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving Calories 361Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 132mgSodium 781mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 1gSugar 3gProtein 25g