Salted Maple Butter Spread is a 3 ingredient recipe made with butter, pure maple syrup, and fleur de sel, giving this condiment spread a sweet and salty flavor.
Salted Maple Butter Spread is perfect for hot bread, quick dinner rolls, biscuits, toast, pancakes, waffles, and more. When it comes to buttering corn or carrots, this butter is the perfect choice. The sweet and salty flavor will make this a spread that you will want on the table often.
Maple Syrup Is Nature's Perfect Sweetener
If you have never experienced the taste of pure maple syrup, then this recipe is a must try for you. Maple syrup is made from sap that comes from the maple tree and is collected every spring and it flows freely when you have cold nights and warm days.
Once the sap is collected from the trees, it is transferred to a large boiling vat where it is boiled until it turns an amber color. There are different grades of syrup and the darker the color, the deeper the flavor. My preference is amber to medium amber, for eating and a darker colored maple syrup for more developed flavor in baking (similar to molasses).
What You Need To Make Salted Maple Butter Spread
Pure Maple Syrup, Grade A Amber is my choice for this recipe.
Fleur de Sel, also known as grey sea salt. This is the brand I buy. Fleur de Sel is a chunkier salt that will give you little bites of saltiness throughout the butter spread.
Recipe Tips and Substitutions
- Be sure to use unsalted butter as you are adding salt to this recipe.
- Make sure the butter is at room temperature before mixing. It is room temperature when you can press your finger into the stick and leave an indent.
- Substitute honey for the maple syrup
- Add 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon to the butter for a cinnamon flavored Salted Maple Butter.
More Condiment Recipes To Try
*If you made this Salted Honey Butter Spread, please give it a star rating*
Salted Maple Butter Spread
- 12 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ tsp fleur de sel
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the maple syrup and fleur de sel. Whip until creamy.
- Store in the refrigerator up to 3 months.