These Loaded Nachos with Venison Chili are an easy to make recipe that is easily assembled and ready to eat without baking them in the oven. Layers of tortilla chips, venison chili, and melted cheese are dressed up with chopped tomatoes, onion, avocado, and cilantro for the tastiest nachos ever.
Loaded Nachos are great for those nights when you want something delicious and quick. They are great for a night in with your love and a movie or make a great and fun dinner with friends. They are also great to set up as a make your own nacho bar at Superbowl parties.
Our Love of Venison, Nachos, and Game Day
Back in the day, when we used to live in Northern New York, we used to go to this a particular bar and grill where Grumpy loved to get a big plate of loaded nachos.
This Loaded Nacho recipe is my way of bringing that pub meal home and making it my own by using venison chili as the star of the nacho plate. One of favorite times to have these nachos is on Game Day.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
What you need to make Loaded Nachos
Venison Chili: It only makes sense that we would use a game meat recipe for our nachos. After all, this is Honeybunch Hunts. We always have venison on hand and in the chillier months, we have chili at least once every couple of weeks if not more so.
Tortilla Chips: This is our favorite brand for nachos. Feel free to make your own if you wish. I have made my own homemade flour tortillas, then made chips with them. It all depends on what you have for time when it comes right down to it.
Cheese Sauce: I hate to admit it, but Grumpy has a passion for processed cheese food. Since these loaded nachos are an occasional treat in our home, I go ahead and use it for this recipe. Normally I would prefer to make my own cheese sauce, but sometimes, ease dictates what I do.
Fresh chopped tomatoes, cilantro, avocado, and anything else you like to sprinkle over top of your loaded nachos!
2 cup glass measuring cup: This is used for melting the cheese with the half and half in the microwave.
Make this recipe your own
The great thing about loaded nachos is everyone can make them to their own liking. Below are some other ideas you may like to use for your nacho plate.
- Shred some Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese and sprinkle that over top of the chili and chips instead of making a cheese sauce. Heat in the microwave until the cheese is melted, then proceed with the rest of the toppings.
- Heat up some refried beans stir in some salsa. Then add a layer of the bean mixture between the layer of chips.
- Substitute ground beef or pulled pork for the venison chili
Tips for making this the perfect plate of Loaded Nachos
- Choose a sturdy chip. Thin chips won't do the job as they will get soggy and your attempt to eat with your fingers will be defeated and messy.
- Go with a good quality chili recipe or try a ground beef bean mixture and stir in some taco seasoning.
- Offer up plenty of nacho toppings. Loaded Nachos are just that.
- Serve it all on one large platter and allow guests to serve themselves.
Other Nacho Recipes you may like to serve for Super Bowl Sunday
Barbecue Chicken Nachos are delicious nuggets of barbecue flavored chicken pieces piled high on a stack of tortilla chips.
These Pulled Pork Nachos make great use of leftover pulled pork.
Korean BBQ Pepper Nachosuse mini peppers as the boat for the deliciously flavored beef strips.
Mexican Potato Nachos uses potato slices instead of tortilla chips.
This dessert recipe for Snickers Nachos will be the talk of your super bowl party.
*If you made this recipe, please give it a star rating*
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup Venison Chili
- 4 ounces Tortilla Chips
- 1 cup cubed process cheese
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 to mato diced
- ½ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 2 scallions sliced
- 4 tablespoons salsa
- On a large sheet pan or serving platter, arrange ½ of the tortilla chips for the bottom layer.
- In a large glass measuring cup, melt the processed cheese and half and half in the microwave for 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute.
- Top the tortilla chips with ½ cup of the venison chili.
- Drizzle the melted cheese over top of the venison chili layer.
- Top with avocado, tomato, jalapeno, scallions, cilantro, salsa, and sour cream.
Can't wait to make this, your recipe looks fabulous
Shelby Law Ruttan
Hi Loretta, thank you!