This Keto Potato Salad Recipe starts with steamed, chilled cauliflower that takes the place of the boiled potato. It is a take on my favorite traditional Potato Salad recipe. This low carb mock potato salad is so delicious and only 4 net carbs per serving.
Salads are the center of the side dish table when the warm weather hits. This low carb Keto Potato Salad is a great option for those who are following the keto diet. It may not taste exactly like real potato salad, but it is pretty darned close.
Summer salads are the center of our meals
Grumpy has always been a potato salad fan and we would make it every single week during the summer months. We would rotate between potato salad, broccoli salad, pasta salad, and buffalo chicken pasta salad.
Sometimes, we make a whole meal of salad. And, other times we would make a Venison Burger and serve the salad as a side dish. Any way you toss it, we have always been salad lovers.
I wanted to come up with a low carb keto version of my very favorite potato salad recipe. So, I took the leap. I steamed some bite-sized cauliflower pieces, chilled it overnight, and tossed it with our favorite flavors to add to potato salad.
What you need to make Keto Potato Salad
Chopped Cauliflower Florets: This is the base of the salad and is the “faux” in the potato of the salad.
Mayonnaise and Sour Cream: I like the freshness that sour cream adds to the dressing. It helps to cut down the heavy taste of mayonnaise as well.
Fresh Dill: If you have never tossed fresh dill in a potato salad, you are missing out. The dill and sour cream combination make this salad SO delicious.
Bacon: I recommend thick-cut bacon that has been baked until super crispy.
Unseasoned Rice Vinegar: Read the label. Seasoned rice vinegar has carbs. Unseasoned should not.
Tips for the best keto summer salad
- Steam the cauliflower ahead of time. Then, allow it to cool and chill for at least 3 hours. Overnight is best.
- Don’t overcook the cauliflower. You want it to still be toothsome, similar to a cooked potato.
- Mix the mayonnaise dressing together first, then transfer it to the bowl. This way, the mayo, and sour cream have been completely incorporated.
- Make the hard-boiled eggs ahead of time so they are chilled prior to chopping and adding to the salad.
- Allow the salad to sit at least 3-4 hours before serving. It is even better if it sits overnight.
- If you prefer crispy bacon in the salad, hold off on tossing it in until just prior to serving.
Make this easy cauliflower recipe your way
- Skip the rice vinegar and use dill pickle juice to thin the dressing some.
- Add 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese to the salad for a cheesy potato salad.
- Substitute 1 cup of diced cooked ham for the bacon.
- Add 1 tablespoon mustard to the mayonnaise sauce.
- Make extra hard-boiled eggs and decorate the top of the salad with egg slices, grape tomatoes, and smoked paprika.
- Substitute green onion for the red onion.
Other easy cauliflower recipes you may like
Air Fryer Cauliflower with Sweet Chili Sauce is another low carb keto cauliflower recipe that is SUPER tasty.
Garlic Mashed Cauliflower with Browned Butter is super delicious. Mashed potatoes might be nervous that this recipe is so close to the real thing!
Cheesy Cauliflower Soup is made in the Instant Pot and full of flavor.
I like to make this 3-Ingredient Cauliflower Spanish Rice and toss it with a little bit of ground beef for a main course dish.
This Red and White Cauliflower bake is one of my very favorite cauliflower casserole recipes.
*If you made this Keto Potato Salad Recipe, please give it a star rating*
A mock potato salad made with cauliflower in place of potatoes tossed with peppers, onion, bacon, and dill.
- 4 cups steamed, chilled chopped cauliflower
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 4 slices crispy bacon, crumbled
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower, eggs, red pepper, celery, jalapeno, bacon, onion, and dill. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, and rice vinegar.
- Add the dressing to the mock potato salad mixture and toss to coat.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 231Total Fat: 20gCholesterol: 127mgSodium: 221mgCarbohydrates: 6gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 2gProtein: 6g