Cranberry Chipotle Sauce is a condiment recipe made with whole cranberry sauce, homemade taco sauce, and a blend of spices. It is a delicious way to use Thanksgiving leftover cranberry sauce.
This sauce recipe is a great one to have on hand and adds a little bit of heat to a little bit of sweet. It is my favorite condiment to top off this recipe for Turkey Tostadas (also made with Thanksgiving leftovers).
Finding Different Ways To Use Thanksgiving Leftovers
Thanksgiving is a time where we all love to have our leftovers. However, the same old reheat and eat can get boring. So, when thinking about ways to use leftovers, I started thinking about ethnic foods I love to enjoy and how I could possibly fuse the two together.
Sweet heat is always a favorite way for me to enjoy food. The little bit of sweetness added to the spicy kick is pretty addicting. This time I decided to use a little smoky chipotle and add it with some leftover whole berry cranberry sauce. It was so delicious!
What You Need To Make Cranberry Chipotle Sauce
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, these come in a small can.
Tips And Substitutions
- Depending on heat tolerance, feel free to increase or decrease the amount of chipotle peppers in the recipe.
- Scoop ½ tablespoon of adobo sauce from the chipotle peppers and include it in the recipe.
- Substitute 1 teaspoon of chipotle chili powder for the chipotle peppers (adjust the amount of powder according to heat tolerance.
- Substitute jellied cranberry sauce for the whole berry.
Other Condiment Recipes To Try
*If you made this recipe for Cranberry Chipotle Sauce, please give it a star rating*
Cranberry Chipotle Sauce
- 1 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- [⅓ cup taco sauce ]
- 3 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt optional
- [mv_img id="3880"][mv_schema_meta name="whisk and microwave"]Whisk all cranberry sauce, taco sauce, chipotle pepper, chili powder, and cumin together. Place in microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir. Cook for 1 minute more, or until thickened. Season with salt (if using).