These Chocolate Mint Cookies are a chewy cookie recipe. The chocolate mint candy goes on top of the cookie when it is hot from the oven. The chocolate will melt to a spreadable consistency and once cooled, the chocolate mint cookie has a thick chocolate mint candy coating on top.
I love to make these cookies year round, but especially love to make them for holiday celebrations. They are great for Christmas, Valentine's Day, or St. Patrick's day!
C is for Chewy Chocolate Mint Cookies
I love cookies of all types. But, I have to admit, that my very favorite type of cookie is a chewy cookie. These Chewy Mocha Toffee Chip Cookies are right at the top of my list of favorites, along with these Chocolate Mint Cookies.
The outer edges of these chocolate mint cookies is slightly crisp, and as you bite into the cookie your teeth go through the chocolate into a chewy cookie inside.
What You Need to Make This Cookie Recipe
*please see the recipe card for a complete list of ingredients and instructions*
Semi sweet chocolate chips, this is my favorite brand.
All purpose flour
KitchenAid Mixer or hand mixer. I love my KitchenAid, but a hand mixer works also.
Chocolate Mint Candies, I use these candies.
Tips and Recommendations
- Be sure to pack the brown sugar into the measuring cup tight.
- Substitute milk chocolate chips for the semi sweet chips.
- Don't skip the 1 hour refrigeration of the cookie dough before baking. Doing so will make the cookies spread too much when baking.
- Use a slipmat in place of parchment paper.
- A rimless cookie sheet is best as it allows the heat to distribute evenly around all of the cookies.
- Substitute the peppermint crunch candies in place of the chocolate mint candies.
Other Chocolate Dessert Recipes You May Like
*If you made these Chocolate Mint Cookies with Andes Candies, please give them a star rating*
Chocolate Mint Cookies
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar packed
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 45 Chocolate Mint Candies unwrapped
- Add the butter and brown sugar to a medium sized saucepan over medium heat, and cook for 3 minutes, until butter is melted and sugar is dissolved. until dissolved.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir constantly until melted. Transfer to a mixing bowl and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add the eggs and the vanilla to the chocolate mixture and beat until thoroughly combined.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the flour to the chocolate mixture and mix until combined. Refrigerate the cookie dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll tablespoon sized portions of cookie dough into a ball and place on parchment lined cookie sheet. Bake for 7 minutes, or until the cookies are just set.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and immediately place 1 chocolate mint candy on top of each cookie. Allow to rest for 10 minutes, then spread the melted chocolate over top f the cookie to coat. Cool completely before storing.