These oven-baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders are perfect for super bowl parties, or as a lunch with a side salad. They are made with leftover rotisserie chicken and are easy to make with only 7 ingredients.
Buffalo Chicken Sliders are everything you love in a buffalo chicken wing and more. They are baked in the oven and come out hot, cheesy, and full of delicious flavors. Double the recipe for a party and watch them disappear.
Traditional Chicken Wing Flavors for Game Day
Chicken Wings are delicious and are always a great addition to an appetizer spread. Our favorites are these Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken ings and Sweet Hot Buffalo Wings. I wanted to make a buffalo flavored recipe that would be a delicious addition to the appetizer table on game day and was in the mood for a slider sandwich. I wanted it to be a spicy bite with a subtle hint of sweet to it.
When it comes down to it, we are blue cheese people. The crumbly blue cheese adds a pop of flavor that blends deliciously with the wing sauce. These sandwiches have so much flavor you won't need anything to dip them in. However, if you're a dipper, I won't judge you if you dip into ranch dressing instead of blue cheese.
What you need to make this mouthwatering Buffalo Chicken Slider Recipe
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
Rotisserie Chicken: This is one product I buy often. Rotisserie chicken is inexpensive and is a great time saver.
Red hot sauce: This brand is our favorite. However, feel free to use what you prefer.
Hawaiian rolls: Go with your favorite slider roll here. We have used many different brands. Just be sure it is a package of 12 slider rolls that are baked so they are stuck together.
Unsalted Butter: This is where there is no substitute that I approve of. Butter is a must for wing sauce.
Honey: This is the "secret ingredient" that makes these Buffalo Chicken Sliders shine above all other recipes. I highly recommend you do not skip it.
Mozzarella Cheese: You want a cheese that is going to melt nicely and be a little stringy. I use part-skim mozzarella and always buy the brick to shred the cheese myself.
Blue Cheese: This cheese is THE cheese to use with buffalo sauce. The two ingredients complement each other and are a perfect pairing.
Casserole dish: I always use a 2-quart casserole, which is also known as 7 x 11 size. Other recipes indicate the 3-quart casserole, but I find that the rolls fit perfectly in the 2-quart. The size of your casserole dish will ultimately be dictated by the slider rolls you use.
Silicone Pastry Brush: I love silicone. It does not soak in the flavors of the seasoning and is so easy to clean.
Make this recipe your way
I know there are two different types of buffalo chicken slider people. Team blue cheese and team ranch. So, if you love your chicken ranch flavors, I will just look the other way. You may want to try making this recipe your own with some of the ideas below.
- Instead of honey, sprinkle some ranch seasoning in the butter mixture.
- Roasted your own chicken, either in the oven or the slow cooker. Enjoy a meal and then use the leftovers to make these buffalo chicken sliders.
- Stir ½ cup of cheddar cheese into the shredded buffalo chicken mixture.
- Instead of adding a layer of cheese on top of the shredded buffalo chicken mixture, add a layer of homemade coleslaw.
- Instead of mozzarella, use another semi-soft cheese that melts easily, such as Colby or Monterey Jack cheese.
- The only substitute I recommend for honey is maple syrup. If you want to leave it out, that is ok. However, this is the ingredient that makes these buffalo chicken sliders have an edge over all others.
- Stir ½ cup of diced celery into the chicken mixture, or serve celery and blue cheese on the side. You can also add carrot sticks if you wish.
Tips for making the best Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders
- Use parchment paper to line the casserole dish. This will prevent any sticking of the rolls to the bottom of the pan.
- Keep the rolls covered with aluminum foil up until the last 10 minutes of baking. This helps keeps the rolls tops softer and traps the heat to melt the cheese faster.
- Use a sharp bread knife to cut through all of the buffalo chicken slider sandwiches before serving.
Other recipe ideas that are great for Super Bowl Parties
Peperoncini BBQ Chicken Sliders are another oven-baked slider recipe your game day fans will love.
Pork Belly Sliders have a little sweet heat going on with a nice crispy piece of pork belly.
You can't get much easier than Easy Shrimp Po Boy Sliders for the seafood fan!
Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Wings make the best wings out there! Or, if you're in the mood to have double-fried Crispy Maple Hot Wings, go for it! It is a little more work, but really worth the time.
Try this Everything but the Bagel Zucchini Chips in place of potato chips. They make a great side to all of these slider recipes.
*If you made these Oven Baked Buffalo Chicken Sliders, please give them a star rating.*
Buffalo Chicken Sliders - Oven Baked
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter for 30-60 seconds, In a glass 1 cup measure.
- Stir the hot sauce into the melted butter then stir in the honey.
- Place the shredded chicken in a large 4 cup measure. Pour all but ¼ cup of the hot sauce mixture over the shredded chicken and toss to coat.
- Line a 2-quart baking dish with parchment paper and lay the bottom half of the slider rolls in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the bottom of the slider rolls with ¾ cup mozzarella cheese. Spread the chicken over the top of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top of the chicken mixture, then sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles over top of the mozzarella.
- Place the top half of the slider rolls on the chicken and cheese mixture, cut side down. Using a silicone pastry brush, cover the tops of the slider rolls with the remaining hot sauce mixture. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using).
- Cover the sliders with foil and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. Remove the foil, and continue baking the sliders for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.