Air Fryer Cauliflower with Sweet Chili Sauce is my newest obsession. This toothsome cauliflower has that roasted flavor with a tiny bit of salty-sweet heat tossed onto it. It is keto-friendly and low carb, but delicious for any diet.
This cauliflower recipe is a low carb, a delicious side dish to BBQ Cheddar Meatloaves. Or, It can be served as an appetizer for your holiday or Superbowl parties. Any way you serve it, this Air Fryer Cauliflower with Sweet Chili Sauce is sure to be a big hit!
Another recipe for the Air Fryer down
I absolutely love my air fryer. It has been used on a regular basis since we bought it. I’m about to go to the market to buy a new and bigger one. Air Fryer Recipes turn out incredibly delicious, it doesn’t seem to matter what you make in them.
I also love that it makes very little mess. Basically, if you think about it, any recipe from the air fryer is a one-pot meal. I recently made baked potatoes and steak that were to die for! Both in the air fryer and ready in just an hour.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases from affiliate links.
What you need to make this recipe
Air Fryer: We have had our air fryer since 2017. It’s gotten a lot of use and is starting to look pretty beat up. However, the one I own is no longer being made. I’m looking at buying a newer and bigger air fryer to buy soon.
Cauliflower: A whole head of cauliflower can range in size. The cauliflower I used would be considered a medium-sized head. If you are in a hurry, you can always buy pre-packaged cauliflower that has been cut, but you will still need to cut the cauliflower florets down to smaller bite-sized pieces.
Sweet Chili Sauce: I buy this brand is our very favorite. It is low carb, but since it has modified food starch in it, it is not considered keto. For us, that isn’t a problem, but if you are a strict keto dieter you may want to try making your own.
Make this recipe in a convection oven
Because I love to cook, I am bound to have about everything you can imagine in the kitchen. Which means, I dow own a convection oven/microwave combination wall oven. A convection oven circulates hot air around your food the same as an air fryer does.
So, if you do own a convection oven you can roast this cauliflower recipe by setting the convection temp to 400 degrees and toss the cauliflower once in a while as it roasts. I would still take the cauliflower out of the oven midway and toss it in the mixing bowl with the sweet chili sauce and put it back in as instructed.
The best way to make a keto-friendly or low-fat recipe
No matter what kind of diet you follow, the air fryer can be your best friend. If your following keto and can have crispy fried chicken skin or pork belly, then the air fryer will give you the absolute best results.
If you’re following a low-fat diet, it will also be your best friend. Cooking in the air fryer allows you to eliminate the oil you get from fried foods.
Tips for the Best Air Fryer Cauliflower with Sweet Chili Sauce
- Preheating is NOT required. This is one of the things I love about my air fryer. It doesn’t require me to turn it on when there is nothing in it to preheat.
- Chop the cauliflower florets into small bites sized pieces. The size of the cauliflower will dictate how long it needs to roast in the air fryer. The bigger the piece of cauliflower, the longer it will take to cook.
- Be sure to start the cauliflower on 390. This is the highest setting on my air fryer. Turn the heat down to 360 after the sweet chili sauce has been tossed on the cauliflower. This will prevent the sauce from burning.
- Use an oil that can stand up to high heat. Avocado Oil is the best choice. I would stay away from olive oil in the air fryer as it does not stand up to high heat.
Other low carb keto sauces to use in this recipe
- Make buffalo cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of hot sauce and 2 tablespoons of melted salted butter.
- Toss 1/4 cup pesto and 1 tablespoon pine nuts.
- Give it that General Tso’s flavor and toss it with 1/2 cup this General Tso’s Sauce.
- Try this keto-friendly Thai almond sauce.
- Try this keto-friendly BBQ Sauce or use your favorite BBQ Sauce.
Other Air Fryer Recipes you may enjoy
Air Fryer Shishito Peppers make a great appetizer for any party, they have that delicious roasted flavor with the occasional heat from the hottest pepper in the batch. These make a great no-guilt treat for any diet and are naturally keto-friendly.
This Air Fryer Roast Beef gives you the main course protein in just a little over an hour. It is also naturally low carb and keto-friendly.
If you love pork, this Maple Glazed Pork Loin made in the air fryer is absolute juicy deliciousness.
There is nothing better than these Air Fryer Chicken Wings with Buffalo Sauce. This keto-friendly recipe is crispy, spicy heaven.
Air Fryer BBQ Boneless Chicken Wings are for those who love the boneless over bone-in wings. Coated with pork rinds, they are also keto-friendly.
*If you made this recipe for Air Fryer Cauliflower with Sweet Chili Sauce, please give it a star rating*
- 4 cups cauliflower florets (1 medium head)
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1/4 cup sugar freesweet chili sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the cauliflower to a large bowl and toss with the avocado oil, salt, and pepper.
- Place the cauliflower in the air fryer basket and air fry it for 15 to 20 minutes on 390 degrees, or until the cauliflower has wilted and started to soften.
- Remove the cauliflower from the air fryer basket and return it to the mixing bowl. Add the sweet chili sauce to the cauliflower and toss to combine.
- Return the basket to the air fryer and reduce the heat to 360 degrees and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is crisp-tender.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30 Total Fat: 0g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 120mg Carbohydrates: 5g Net Carbohydrates: 4g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 0g Protein: 1g